Frank Anselmo’s creative work has been awarded by every prestigious, global award show. Anselmo may be the first creative to win coveted One Show Pencils wearing 4 different hats: as a Staff Creative, Freelance Creative, Creative Director, and as Founding Instructor of his own advertising program that's earned global status as "The Most Awarded Advertising Class In History" for the past 10 years. This year Frank's Unconventional Advertising program at SVA single-handedly set a new all-time One Show record by winning 11 One Show Pencils–over double any entire ad school has ever won.
Anselmo began his career at BBDO New York where he spent 10 years. While working with creative luminaries: Gerry Graf, Eric Silver & David Lubars, Frank's work contributed to the agency's most awarded decade(2000-2010). Anselmo is credited for winning BBDO's 1st One Show Gold Pencil in history for an unconventional media concept. For the past 6 years, Frank's been a gun-for-hire Creative Director at over 30 companies including recently Apple headquarters in Cupertino. Anselmo’s strategies & ideas for numerous hi-profile brands have led to globally awarded work and new-business wins.
Since the inception of Frank's Unconventional Advertising program in 2006, it has won more One Show Pencils, Clio Statues & ADC Cubes than any entire ad school in the world. In just its 2nd year, Anselmo's class produced the only Cannes Future Lions winning team from America and has since won the most ADC Cubes of any class at the school–leading SVA to winning the ADC School of The Year award in all 6 years of the award’s existence. For his teaching efforts, Frank was honored by Graphis with the very first Platinum Instructor Award.
Other career highlights include working on the last official John Lennon music video and having his work featured on Fast Company’s "100 Most Creative People In Business" issue.
NOTE: Frank hates people who talk about themselves, so he hired someone to write this. Seriously.
- THE ONE SHOW: Multiple Gold, Silver & Bronze Pencils
- ART DIRECTORS CLUB: Multiple Gold, Silver & Bronze Cubes
- CLIOS: Multiple Gold, Silver & Bronze Statues
- CANNES: Gold & Silver Lions
- ANDYS: Multiple Gold, Silver & Bronze Andys
- D&AD: Multiple Silver Nominations
- YOUNG GUNS: Multiple Gold, Silver & Bronze Bullets
- GRAPHIS: Multiple Platinum, Gold, Silver + The First Platinum Instructor Award
- CANNES YOUNG LIONS: Competition Winner
- ADC YOUNG GUNS: Inducted in 2006
- NEW YORK FESTIVALS: BEST OF SHOW
- THE APPLE STORE, SOHO NYC: Speaker/Director of Unconventional Advertising presentation
- THE ONE CLUB'S EDUCATION SUMMIT: Speaker/Presentation Director
- WILLEM DE KOONING ACADEMIE, NETHERLANDS: Director of the Unconventional Advertising week-long workshop
- ART DIRECTORS CLUB, NYC: Instructor/Director of pre-college advertising workshop
- PROMAX BDA CONFERENCE: Speaker/Director of Unconventional Advertising presentation
AWARD SHOW JUDGE:
- ART DIRECTORS CLUB
- THE AICP
- ADC YOUNG GUNS
- THE ADDYS
- YOUNG GUNS AWARDS (AUSTRALIA)